Sunday, April 15, 2012

in bloom

our sunday sweetness this week involves a writer and a quilter...


bloom is a memoir by kelle hampton, currently #11 on the nytimes bestseller list for hardbacks.  it is the story of a mom who was grief stricken by the discovery her newborn baby girl has down syndrome. the book chronicles those first few terrifying days. the stormy weeks following and then the awakening when kelle realizes nella is nothing but a blessing.  pippa eccles collaborated with kelle to create a collection of quilts and pillows. she is selling the items on her etsy site and is donating 15% of her sales to the national down syndrome society. and we are lucky enough to have one in our shop. thank you kelle and pippa.   

2 comments:

Kim said...

This is FABULOUS!! I read Bloom Saturday on the plane from Moscow to Detroit. It was great.

Kim
TheSimpsonSix.blogspot.com

Maxine said...

I got the book "Bloom" from Dawn (who you may have met yesterday) several weeks ago and haven't cracked it yet. I've got to get it open soon!
Hi. My name is Kathy. Our son is Owen (who just happens to have DS). LOVE your quilt shop. I need to make a visit some day. Glad I found your blog!