Tuesday, March 9, 2010

i'm listening...

i truly believe
i have been in preparation for this endeavor
for nearly fifty years...

still there are moments that
i doubt myself
it can take just one negative comment
from someone you wished
would be supportive
then something happens that brings back
my vision
my zest and motivation for this project
today i had a call from a friend
who made the connections
she gets it
the quilting, the store
a place for sarah and her friends to work
thank you carole
your call meant the world to me

then there is the divine intervention
the small things
some might say coincidence
i say his mysterious ways
something, an intuition,
a nudge from my guardian angel perhaps
sent me into a furniture store
into the clearance room
where i found these two tables
the perfect size
the perfect color
the perfect price
when i brought them home
i placed on top the two verna patchworks
i made last night
coincidence...i say not

2 comments:

Brandie said...

I am so excited for you!! Like yourself, I've been sewing since I was 6. My first job, and favorite, was working in a fabric store. I dream of owning my own some day with my girls working along side me. I can't wait to follow your journey!

Kristen's mom said...

I think it's an amazing project and have no doubt it will come full circle. When (I was going to say "IF", but you've inspired me) I get my life in order...and I only have till the end of the year as I will begin the second half of my life, I am going right out and buy that sewing machine that I have needed and wanted for years. I would love to make a trip to Ohio to come see your store. My husband always wanted to open an Ice Cream Store so that Kristen would have a safe place to work, maybe it's time he get serious about that too.