Monday, March 14, 2011

i heart etsy...

do you etsy? a while back i received an email from a writer at etsy. they wanted to do a story about sarah and kristen and the pillowcases. until that time, i was familiar with the site, but not a strong supporter. then the more i got to thinking about it, i fell in love with the concept. so last week i went surfing...

i wanted a few samples using kate spain's central park. so i simply typed in "central park" and found several fun items:

jingle balls from littleladybugz

a large patchwork ball from gingerfreckle

a chenille bib and burbcloth from woodlandrabbit

a bib and ball rattle from thelittlethingsboutique

and a vintage inspired retro apron from terracehill

they all arrived within days of placing my order, even in the midst of our one day blizzard, and each one was made with skilled hands and creative hearts. many of the creators have a story to tell as well. i especially like to know the background of the person(s). it makes each purchase all the more personal.

i also ordered this awesome quilt from frivolousnecessity. i knew it would be a delight as i have purchased items before from crystal. her work is perfection. this has been such a pleasant experience and a wonderful addition to our shop. i wonder what i will find next...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun and adorable blog you have Jen. Thanks for this feature on Kate's inspirational designs. I do love Central Park! Thanks for featuring my apron as well.

I look forward to reading this new found (to me) blog!

~Chadley

Crystal Stanworth said...

ooo I so love it. It looks great by it's "mother bolts!" For me etsy is a constant source of inpiration and the cause of many "wasted" hours window shopping through beautiful stores. Thanks for sharing :o)

hollyctr said...

etsy is like a drug for me. I love that website :)

Sherry said...

How fun to collect items from the Central Park fabric! I'm very flattered that you picked my jingle balls as part of it. I often do similar searches to decide which fabrics I like the best for what I'm going to make, and I've ended up buying a few things, too!

I've also had fun looking around at your blog today. You have lots of fun links. I'd love to visit your store, but it's a little far away. (my dad used to work in Beachwood, though, way back when I was in high school) :oD