Friday, May 13, 2011

me and my sister...

for most shop owners, quilt market is a time to purchase new delights for their store. and although i will have the ability to do this, my primary objective is to meet the people who contributed to our being where we are today. the story of jellen's house of fabric is not ours alone. there have been many others who have played an important role.
 
for the sake of new readers, please allow me a quick review. i have been sewing from the time i was seven years old. in 1989, i gave birth to my only daughter. many times over the years i attempted to interest her in my love of fabric. she had no desire. i dismissed it, often blaming the extra chromosome that resulted in her having down syndrome as the reason. until the night...


...i left a turnover packet of clementine by me and my sister for moda on the counter. i'll never know if it was the shape or the colors that caught her eye as she is not capable of expressing that to me, i simply know she was all of a sudden interested in my fabric. and nothing could make me happier.

so i knew our first stop today needed to be with barbara and mary. i wheeled sarah to their booth and started to tell them who we were. mary stopped me and said, "of course i know who you are" and proceeded to embrace sarah in a big hug.


i love this picture. the look on mary's face. the look on sarah's face. and behind them. polly. that story comes next.

mary, sarah and barbara

and then the fun began. check out this cute creation. the newest pattern from the talented sisters. a fabric hopscotch...


...or in this case, a fabriholic version of the cornhole toss:)

good one sarah!!!


me and my sister in true style. we will always love these two. and their fabric collections...


as evidenced by our own stash in the store.  stay tuned for amelia. the next collection designed by the sisters to arrive in august.

1 comment:

Cool Cats and Quilts said...

Glad you and Sarah are having fun! Wish I was there. I love the purple carpets, how fun!