Friday, December 31, 2010

you brought me to my knees...

what a day it has been. it started like most others. unlock the door, turn on the lights, cash into the drawer, check thermostats. greet customers, cut fabric, return bolts to original position. and then about 3:00 or so...

the fabric gates opened. and time stood still. or rather it blurred in a state of frenzy. by about 4:50 i was about done. my arms, my legs, even my brain were yelling stop, stop, please stop. yet not to fear, my higher power was watching over me knowing just what i needed and a knight in shining armor, or in this case a brown hoodie, arrived for my rescue...

"joyce (i melt when he says my name) how are you going to get out? wait, i'm coming in..."

meet ammon one of my favorite customers. ammon and james, who i must get a photo of the next time he comes in. adorable, be still my heart little boys, who love to come to the quilt shop. such a great way to close out 2010.
.
then once i was down, i realized i truly could not get up. i was that tired. so, from my knees to you...

i thank you. words truly can't articulate how much we appreciate the support of our customers.

thank you so much. thank you for your friendship. thank you for giving us a chance and thank you for supporting our first year end clearance sale. according to the register tape at closing, we sold 1,331 yards of fabric this week. amazing. simply amazing. wishing you a fun and festive new year's. see you in 2011.

2 comments:

Kate D. Spain said...

oh wow! that's amazing, joyce! hope you'll have a little chance to catch your breath! your hooded knight is so adorable. you've created such a special place there, and i wish you all the very best for a wonderful New Year! lots of love, kate

hollyctr said...

Joyce! That picture of Ammon turned out so cute! He really does love your store. He says you're his best friend :). Happy New Year!!!